By Laura Kaye
I’ve had a love affair with vampires that goes back to my teenage years and Lestat de Lioncourt. I’m a fangbanger. I run with vampires. I dig the cold ones. I walk with the nightwalkers. You get the idea. *grins*
So, I thought I’d spark a bit of debate here and posit why vampires are so much better than werewolves:
10. There are far more cool vampire movies.
9. Vampires come with built-in birth control, versus having puppies with a werewolf.
8. Have you ever smelled a wet dog? Blech!
7. “Coven” is a cooler word than “pack.”
6. Come on. Do you want to be kissing down cool, smooth (if undead) skin? Or over fur?
5. Vampires are famous for their dark, sensual charm and seduction technique.
4. Vampires are more in control of their dark side. And usually have the ability to lessen the suffering of their victims.
3. Vampires usually come with all kinds of cool powers: superhuman speed, hearing, strength, agility, ability to transport, control minds, etc.
2. Vampires suck on your neck! Can you say erogenous zone, people?!
1. Immortality. ‘Nuff said.
Of course, I’m also biased since my latest and next releases are about vampires—dark, sexy vampire warrior kings, at that. And In the Service of the King's Kael (#19 bestselling paranormal romance on B&N today!) and Seduced by the Vampire King's Nikolai (just up for pre-order today!) seem all the proof I need that vamps are the best supernatural creature evah!
So, what do you think? Am I right, or am I right? *winks*
Thanks for reading,
About In the Service of the King
Book 1 in the Vampire Warrior Kings Series
Harlequin Nocturne CravingsKael, Warrior King of the Vampires, loathes the Night of the Proffering. He needs the blood of either his mate or a human virgin to maintain his strength, but hasn't enjoyed the ritual since he lost his mate centuries ago. Kael doesn't want a new companion, yet his resolve is tested when he lays eyes on his new offering, Shayla McKinnon. He is drawn to Shayla's beauty and poise...and the submission she offers. She is eager to give him anything he wishes, including her innocence, to please him. Will Kael give in to their overwhelming desire--even if it means risking Shayla's life?